Oatey® Great White® Pipe Joint Compound With PTFE is a non-hardening, non-separating, non-toxic paste that lubricates and seals all threaded joints. Great White can be used on plastic or metal threads. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professional for over 100 years.
- Lubricates and seals all threaded joints
- Will not harden or separate
- Withstands up to 3,000 PSI on gases from -50° to +400°F, and 10,000 PSI on liquids from -50° to +500°F
- For use with water, steam, caustics or dilute acid lines of PVC, CPVC, ABS, cycolac, polypropylene, iron, steel or copper
- Approved for use on Flowguard Gold, Blazemaster and Corzan piping systems
- Brush top applicator included
- Non-toxic, non-staining formula
- Allows for easy disassembly without stripping or damaging threads
- No required dry time up to 125 PSI
|Material Compatibility:||Stainless Steel|
Available in 5 Variations
Showing 5 of 5
There are no results available
The following Oatey pipe joint compound products are approved for use in this application: Oatey Great Blue, Hercules Block, Hercules Grrip, Hercules Megaloc, Hercules Pipe Joint Compound, Hercules Pro Dope or Hercules Real-Tuff are all safe for this application.
What is the curing time for pipe joint compound?
Under normal pressures the pipe joint compounds does not need a curing time. If the pressure in the lines is 125psi or higher, the recommended cure time is 4 hours before initiating pressure. Call Oatey Customer Service when in doubt.
Can pipe joint compound and thread sealant tape be used on the same joint?
Yes. Once the male threads are wrapped properly you can apply a coating of pipe joint compound over the thread sealant tape before assembling the joint. Remember that you only apply pipe joint compound to the male threads.